Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: The Coordination Officer’s primary responsibility is to provide information management support to the TEACH project Team Leader
· Regular liaison with Internal/External key stakeholder to maintain and update TEACH Project database.
· Implementation of communication strategy of TEACH Project after coordinating with key stakeholders including but not limited to updating the website.
· Liaise with other sectors and IRC program teams to ensure that all relevant colleagues including Team Leader and PMC/SC members have updated information
· Attend all relevant and other Program Coordination Meetings and draft minutes.
· Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested.
· Foster a positive and productive and professional work environment and professional relationships amongst staff; facilitate productive working relationships between the consortium partner agencies.
· Remain flexible and perform other duties, as needed or requested.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Team Leader Position directly supervises: N/A
· Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Management & Information Sciences or equivalent
b) Work Experience:
· At least 02 years of relevant work experience
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent reporting writing skills in English
· Excellent communication and coordination skills
· Computer skills including MS- Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities;
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to meet short deadlines.
· Willingness to work long hours and on week-ends if required by the emergency assessment.
· Ability to work under pressure
Fluent in Urdu and English speaking/writing skills along with local languages
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
IMPORTANT: For Manpower pooling only. No fee to be collected during application process.